Thread: Aziz Faye (Senegalese Drum+Dance) @ Inspiration | Sat 12.01.07

Aziz Faye (Senegalese Drum+Dance) @ Inspiration | Sat 12.01.07

Aziz Faye (Senegalese Drum+Dance) @ Inspiration | Sat 12.01.07

This Saturday is the quarter century birthday of our dear friend Vanessa Neva, in honor of whom we're being blessed with Traditional Senegalese Dance and Drum performance by Aziz Faye and Khale Nguewel (Sabar, Djun Djun, Talking Drum, Tama, Singing, Djembe). This will also be the after party for world famous Senegalese Afrobeat artist Youssou N'Dour. Inspiration resident DJ, DJ Jose Marquez will be offering a very special afro.house.fusion.world.beat music set. Get ready for an OFF DA HOOK African.House.Fusion Night! This Saturday is one not to be missed!!!

Click image below for video of Aziz Faye:

Inspiration-LA.com
    Myspace.com/InspirationLA

Click here to sign up for Email Updates!

Deep.Soulful.Afro.Latin.House.AfroBeat.LatinJazz.S amba.Funk.Soul.NuJazz.Salsa.Urban.World.Dance

Every Saturday | 10pm till 3am | 21+ | Full bar & food
    $5 w/RSVP to rsvp@inspiration-la.com | $10 without RSVP
    (RSVP with full names ONLY! RSVP's later than 6pm on Friday will not be accepted!)

The Palmer Room: 3387 Motor Avenue (at Woodbine), LA, CA 90034
    Click here for directions

--------------------------

Supported by:

--------------------------

It's a weekend long celebration of life, music and dance as Vanessa Neva celebrates her 25th birthday. As part of the celebration and festivities, Vanessa put together a Dance Theater show on Friday and Sunday, about which she says:

"My mom produced a dance performance for her 25th birthday, I was 4 at that time and fell in love with Dance. I wouldn't see my life without moving my body every day to the rhythm of my heartbeat, the drums and beats known by all. About 6 months ago, she asked me if this family tradition could go on. I decided to create "Rhythm and Feel" for my mom but also for my family, extended family, friends and art lovers. I want to look at how traditions continuously evolve with dance.

Please check out the flyer for more infos and come celebrate on November 30th and December 2nd at the Open Space: 209 S. Garey St., Los Angeles, CA 90012

Much Love and Light to Creativity
    Vanessa Neva"

myspace.com/neva1
    Last edited by Fatima; 11-27-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Sick ass drumming and dancing this night, will post video at some point, takes me months but such is life.
    Last edited by Fatima; 12-03-2007 at 07:14 PM.